Chhath Puja 2022 is being celebrated at this time (October 30, 2022). Girls who preserve quick on Chhath Puja days supply prayers to the Solar God and worship him. Throughout this competition, girls are imagined to get up early to supply water and flowers to Lord Surya after which observe quick for the well-being of their youngsters. Many dishes like laddu, thekua, and kheer are ready for this competition as an providing. We convey you a number of conventional meals objects together with their recipes completely from Bihar. These recipes can undoubtedly be created to have a good time the competition of Chhath!
(Additionally Learn: Chhath Puja 2022: Date, Puja Timings and Common Foods To Prepare)
Right here Are 5 Straightforward Conventional Recipes For Chhath Puja 2022:
Thekua is the most well-liked prasad throughout Chhath Puja. It’s dry candy and made with wheat flour, dry coconut, chasni (melted sugar), and ghee. Thekua is generally ready on the second day of Chhath Puja after which it’s supplied to the Solar God.
- Complete wheat flour – 1 3/4 cups
- Semolina – 1/4 cup
- Desiccated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 3 tbsp
- Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder (Elaichi powder) – 1/2 tbsp
- 10-12 Cashew nuts, small items
- Grated Jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup (110 ml)
- Oil to deep fry the thekua
- Add 3/4 cup grated jaggery right into a bowl and add 110ml water into it. Stir it on low flame steadily till the jaggery will get dissolved with water. Hold the jaggery syrup apart to chill down fully earlier than use.
- Take a big mixing bowl and add 1 and three/4 cup complete wheat flour, 1/4 cup semolina, 1/4 cup desiccated coconut, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder, 2 tablespoons chopped cashew nuts into it. Combine all of the dry components effectively.
- Add 3 tablespoons ghee into the bowl and blend it evenly till crumbs happen.
- Add the jaggery syrup slowly, somewhat at a time, into the wheat flour combination and make a stiff dough.
- Cowl the dough fully with both moist fabric or cling movie and permit it to relaxation for at the very least an hour.
- Knead the dough as soon as extra and pinch out a small portion of it in your hand and make a spherical form with it. Then flatten them by urgent along with your palm. Mark the leaf with the assistance of a toothpick or you may create any design as per your selection. Repeat the entire course of and form thekua with the remainder of the dough.
- Put a pan on flame and let it grow to be fully dry. Add sufficient oil to deep fry the thekua correctly.
- Warmth oil on medium flame.
- Put the thekua one after the other into the oil and fry it in medium-low flame. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Fry them evenly until golden brown. Flip them in between on common intervals to cook dinner them evenly.
- Drain the surplus oil of the thekua and put it on a tissue-lined plate. The tissue will soak up the surplus oil.
- Permit the thekua to chill down fully and retailer it in an hermetic container.
(Additionally Learn: 5 Things You Must Know About Thekua- A popular Chhath Recipe)
2. Kaddu Bhaat
This superb sabzi is hottest in Chhath. It’s made with Kaddu/Lauki(Bottle Gourd) with Himalayan salt or sendha namak and cooked in ghee. This scrumptious sabzi is paired with fried poori or rice, thus, making it the proper dish to interrupt the quick with.
- Pumpkin – 500 gm
- Purple chilly powder – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – to fry
- Salt – as per style
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 Tbsp
- Fenugreek seed – 1/4 Tbsp
- Mustered Seeds – 1/2 Tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 Tbsp
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Coriander – contemporary, finely chopped
- Put a pan on excessive flame.
- Add oil.
- When oil is scorching convey down gasoline to low flame and add mustered seeds, fenugreek seeds and pinch of asafeatida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger inexperienced chilly paste and crimson chilly powder.
- Combine them effectively.
- Add 1/2 cup of water. Combine effectively and fry them for 1/2 minutes.
- Add chopped pumpkin items & salt. Combine effectively.
- Shut lid and cook dinner for 8 minutes at medium flame.
- Examine after 8 minutes by urgent with spoon. Whether it is cooked then items will break simply. Smash pumpkin with gentle strain in order that it type thick gravy.
- Add black salt, sugar, dry mango powder and blend them effectively.
- Add coriander leaves and blend effectively. And put flame to off.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and luxuriate in very scrumptious style with Rice.
(Additionally Learn: Chhath Puja: Make Traditional Gur Ki Kheer For Chhath Puja Kharna Prasad)
3. Hara Chana
Hara chana (or inexperienced chana) is simply one other scrumptious dish you may discover in Chhath-special thali. Inexperienced chana is soaked in water in a single day after which it’s ready the subsequent day in ghee together with some inexperienced chillies and cumin seeds.
- Inexperienced chickpeas – 1 Cup (150-165 Gm)
- Tomato – 1 Laptop
- Inexperienced chillies – 1Pcs
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Sendha namak – As per style
- Turmeric – 1 Tbsp
- Ghee – 2 Tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Warmth ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, grated ginger and chopped inexperienced chillies and stir effectively at low flame
- Add the finely chopped tomato and cook dinner on low flame for five minutes.
- Add turmeric and coriander powder together with sendha namak and stir effectively for two minutes.
- Add inexperienced chana within the pan and stir effectively, and canopy the pan. Prepare dinner for 4-5 minutes.
- Add some water within the pan, and cook dinner on low flame for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish coriander leaves and it is able to eat.
4. Rasiyaw (Rice Kheer) with Puri/Roti (Chapati)
Rasiyaw is mainly rice kheer, however rather than sugar, it has jaggery (or gur). It’s ready virtually just like the common kheer with rice, water, and milk. This dessert completes the Chhath puja meal. It’s completely supplied to Surya Devta earlier than serving for consumption. It’s best paired with Dal Puri/Puri/Roti.
- Rice 50 grams (1/4 cup )
- Ghee – 1Tbsp
- Cardamom – 3-4 Pcs
- Milk – 1000ml
- Sugar – 4-5 Tbsp. Modify to style
- Chopped nuts – 3-4 Tbsp
- Rose Water, Kesar& Kewra – 1 Tbsp (Optionally available)
- Rinse the rice till water turns clear.
- Then soak the rice in sufficient water for 20 to half-hour. As soon as half-hour are up, drain the rice utilizing a colander and put aside.
- Warmth a heavy backside pan on medium warmth. Then add 1 teaspoon of ghee to it after which add the soaked & drained rice.
- Add 3-4 crushed inexperienced cardamom pods.
- Toss the rice with the ghee and cardamom for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring always till fragrant.
- Then add the milk to the pan and stir effectively. Set warmth to medium-high.
- Let the milk come to a boil, this can take round 10-12 minutes. Stir in between in order that milk would not persist with the underside of the pan.
- As soon as the milk has come to a boil, decrease the warmth to low and let the kheer cook dinner for round 25 minutes on low warmth. Stir each 2 minutes or so. The milk would flip thick and the rice will likely be fully cooked. If you need extra thick kheer, cook dinner for 15 extra minutes at this level.
- Add within the sugar and blend. Additionally, add within the nuts.
- Prepare dinner the kheer for five extra minutes. The sugar ought to dissolve fully. Don’t fret in case your kheer would not look very thick at this level. It’ll proceed to thicken because it cools down.
- Take away pan from warmth. Stir in rose water, Kewra, and Kesar (if utilizing). Garnish with extra nuts and serve kheer heat or chilled.
- You’ll be able to chill it additionally earlier than consuming or can eat scorching as effectively.
(Additionally Learn: Chhath Puja: 10 Things You Should Know About This Festival)
5. Kasar Ke Laddu
Other than thekua and rice kheer, one other kind of candy is made. It is rather simple to make and it’s prepared in a couple of minutes. It’s product of Powdered rice, Jaggery Powder, Ghee, and Fennel. Kasar ke Laddu is one such prasad made on Chhath Puja which is made on the day of Sandhya Arghya.
- Powdered rice – 1 kg
- Jaggery powder – 500 grams
- Ghee – 1/2 kg
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 cup
- Put coarsely floor rice in a giant pot.
- Add fennel seeds, jaggery powder, and ghee to it and blend all of the components effectively.
- Take it and press it with gentle palms and make small spherical balls of it.
- Prepared your Kasar Laddu.
- You’ll be able to eat these laddus for a number of days.
About Writer: Hiranyami Shivani is Co-founder of The Chhaunk – a cloud-kitchen startup serving home made Bihari meals.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed inside this text are the private opinions of the creator. NDTV will not be liable for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any info on this text. All info is offered on an as-is foundation. The data, info or opinions showing within the article don’t mirror the views of NDTV and NDTV doesn’t assume any duty or legal responsibility for a similar.